OFF by Mortis Ghost, for Mac and Windows
OFF is a French roleplaying game by Mortis Ghost that has been translated to English. More info can be found in the forum thread for the translated game here.
In "OFF" you take control of a mysterious person called "The Batter", who is described to be on an important mission. The Batter, and yourself as his controller, are dropped off in zone 0, the first of 4 zones in a perplexing, unknown world about which
you slowly find out more and more in the process of the game.
Windows: v2.0 (60MB ZIP) DOWNLOAD
Mac OS: v2.1.2 (140MB ZIP) DOWNLOAD
- Right click off_translation_v2.0, click "Extract All...", navigate to the folder called "OFF Translation v. 2.0", which should contain some font files.
- Select all the font files (named Profont, RM(number), etc.), right click them and click "Install". If you don't see the install option, copy the font files into C:\Windows\Fonts\.
- Go into the "NEW OFF TRANSLATION v 2.0" folder and open the file titled "RPG_RT.exe" (you might not see the .exe part. it has a little sword for an icon).
This is the game, don't move the file outside of the folder or it won't run. If you need to move the game elsewhere, move the entire folder named "NEW OFF TRANSLATION v 2.0".
Mac OS Instructions
- Double click OFF_Mac_v2.1.2.zip. (If this does nothing or you get some sort of an error message, right click and select "Open with" > "Archive Utility". If it's still not working, check that the file is around 140mb, if it's not, try downloading
- Click the appliaction called "OFF" that should show up in the folder you downloaded the zip to.
This application will contain your saves, try not to lose it.
- The game opens, but does nothing and closes. Try downloading XQuartz, rebooting, and trying again.
- The game is asking me to install some fonts.If you can read the text in the game, you can safely ignore this warning intended for Windows users, the fonts are already installed with the game on Mac.
- I got to zone three then something happened and now I'm walking really slow!!! When you are on the trolley with Zacharie, talk to him from the front, never the side. If you talked to him from the side, you will start to move slowly
and the workaround is really complicated and requires Windows.
Instructions for transferring saves on Mac OS.
- right click the previous version of off you used and select "show package contents"
- navigate to drive_c > Program Files > OFF and copy the files titled Save(number).lsd to the new version, in the same directory